Dear Aloha Pediatric Dentistry Families,
Following the California and American Dental Association’s recommendations, Governor Newsom’s stay at home order and to support national and local efforts to fight the COVID- 19 pandemic, our practice is taking the following steps to help assure your health and well-being and that of our community. The safety and well-being of our patients continues to be our primary concern.
- We are closing our dental offices for routine and elective dental care, until further notice.
- We will continue to be on call for our families and be available for specific urgent dental care situations. One of our goals is to decrease emergency room visits during this critical time.
- Please do not drop in or call for routine questions. Our offices are functioning with significantly reduced staffing and are on a different schedule during this time. If you have a non-urgent inquiry, email or text is our preferred method of communication during this time.
- Please call if you have an urgent need. We will do our best to respond in a timely manner.
- Be prepared for video or phone call visits.
- If you have an appointment with us that needs to be rescheduled, our staff will contact you as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment.
- If your child is a patient of ours and has kindergarten forms that need to be filled out, please email us. Children who have not been seen by our practice will have the form filled out after our office re-opens for elective treatment.
- To maintain a healthy mouth during this time please review our “Aloha Dental Survival Guide”. Click here: ALOHA DENTAL SURVIVAL GUIDE.
We will continue to evaluate and update our policies regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We are taking a proactive approach to ensure the health and safety of our patients, staff and community.
As of Friday, 3/21/2020, the California and American Dental Associations are calling upon dentists to suspend all elective procedures, until further notice. https://www.ada.org/en https://www.cda.org/Home/News-and-Events/Newsroom/Article-Details/urgent-update-cda-revises-recommendation-urges-california-dentists-to-provide-emergency-treatment-only In addition, Gov. Newsom has placed a statewide stay at home order on Thursday, March 19, ordering all individuals living in California to stay home or at their place of residence until further notice.
We are hopeful and confident that this situation will be temporary and that we will be back to our regular schedules and practices soon. We appreciate your continued patience and trust in us as this situation develops.
North Berkeley Office Status and Update
On October 7, 2019, a fire devastated our North Berkeley office located on Ensenada Avenue.
Aloha Pediatric Dentistry | 3 East Bay Locations
2640 Telegraph Avenue #101, Berkeley | (510) 848-6494
3010 Colby Street # 117, North Berkeley | (510) 528-1546
3 Altarinda Road #210, Orinda | (925) 253-8190
All three of our offices are specially designed for children with a kids-friendly open treatment area and the latest dental equipment, including digital x-rays. We have child sized dental chairs and sinks and a Hawaiian theme that actually makes going to the dentist fun.
Aloha Pediatric Dentistry
Our practice has been in business in the East Bay for over 40 years. We have warm and caring pediatric dentists and staff who are specially trained to put your child at ease.
Education and prevention are a key part of our practice. We take the time to explain the proper way to take care of teeth, so our patients learn good habits at a young age. We focus on preventative regimens based on a child’s individual needs and risk factors as recommended by AAPD. We also visit local schools throughout the year to teach children and educators about oral health.
What is a Pediatric Dentist?
Pediatric dentists have two to three years of specialty training following dental school and treat children from birth through adolescence exclusively. On top of that, all our dentists are Board Certified. This means they have successfully completed accredited training and gone through an examination process designed to validate that they have the knowledge, skills and experience to the deliver the best quality patient care to your child.
Our dedicated doctors and staff volunteer their time and effort to a variety of causes. Our doctors are selected to be on Oakland Children’s Hospital’s prestigious Craniofacial Panel. This distinctive group of doctors provides comprehensive services to children with complex medical/dental needs. In addition, our volunteer team makes mission trips to Guatemala, the Philippines and Kona, Hawaii servicing areas where there is little or no dental care available. For photos and more information, see Community Involvement, under Meet Us.