Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Dear Aloha Pediatric Dentistry Families,
Following the California and American Dental Association’s recommendations, Governor Newsom’s stay at home order and to support national and local efforts to fight the COVID- 19 pandemic, our practice is taking the following steps to help assure your health and well-being and that of our community. The safety and well-being of our patients continues to be our primary concern.
- We are closing our dental offices for routine and elective dental care, until further notice.
- We will continue to be on call for our families and be available for specific urgent dental care situations. One of our goals is to decrease emergency room visits during this critical time.
- Please do not drop in or call for routine questions. Our offices are functioning with significantly reduced staffing and are on a different schedule during this time. If you have a non-urgent inquiry, email or text is our preferred method of communication during this time.
- Please call if you have an urgent need. We will do our best to respond in a timely manner.
- Be prepared for video or phone call visits.
- If you have an appointment with us that needs to be rescheduled, our staff will contact you as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment.
- If your child is a patient of ours and has kindergarten forms that need to be filled out, please email us. Children who have not been seen by our practice will have the form filled out after our office re-opens for elective treatment.
- To maintain a healthy mouth during this time please review our “Aloha Dental Survival Guide”. Click here: ALOHA DENTAL SURVIVAL GUIDE.
We will continue to evaluate and update our policies regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We are taking a proactive approach to ensure the health and safety of our patients, staff and community.
As of Friday, 3/21/2020, the California and American Dental Associations are calling upon dentists to suspend all elective procedures, until further notice. https://www.ada.org/en https://www.cda.org/Home/News-and-Events/Newsroom/Article-Details/urgent-update-cda-revises-recommendation-urges-california-dentists-to-provide-emergency-treatment-only In addition, Gov. Newsom has placed a statewide stay at home order on Thursday, March 19, ordering all individuals living in California to stay home or at their place of residence until further notice.
We are hopeful and confident that this situation will be temporary and that we will be back to our regular schedules and practices soon. We appreciate your continued patience and trust in us as this situation develops.
Additional Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For more information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: